Intellectual Property Counseling & Protection
Suzanne Plagemann is an intellectual property paralegal in the Milwaukee office of Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek. Suzanne has been working in the intellectual property area with patents, trademarks, and copyrights since 1999.
- Performed preliminary trademark searches using Thomson and Thomson SAEGIS, USPTO and foreign trademark office search engines.
- Prepared and filed federal, state, Madrid Protocol, and CTM trademark applications including formulation of description of goods and/or services, determination of proper classification of goods and/or services in conformance with the international system, choosing appropriate specimens of use, and preparation of drawings for submission with trademark applications.
- Prepared and filed all documents required for U.S. prosecution of pending trademark applications and post-registration trademark matters, including assignments, responses to office actions, extensions of time, renewal applications, statements of use, declarations of use, and other documents. When no form existed for a particular need, Suzanne has researched requirements and created the necessary document to conform with applicable law.
- Prepared and filed documents with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board with respect to opposition and cancellation proceedings.
- Prepared and filed copyright applications.
- Performed appropriate due diligence of intellectual property assets in connection with the acquisition and sale of various companies and divisions.
- Assisted in all facets of foreign registration and post-registration trademark process.
- Corresponded with clients regarding proper use and maintenance of trademarks.
- Registered and renewed domain name registrations.
- Researched information concerning potential trademark infringers/infringements to assist in litigation evaluation.