Business & Commercial Litigation
Cheryl Louis is a paralegal in the Madison office of Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C. She concentrates in the areas of business and commercial litigation, environmental, personal injury, business restructuring, creditors' rights and energy & public utilities. Ms. Louis has assisted attorneys on cases in state and federal trial courts. She has also managed large, complex litigation involving multiple parties, class action litigation, extensive discovery and detailed document management. She has worked with attorneys in banking litigation, bankruptcy and foreclosure matters.
- University of Southern Colorado – Paralegal Certificate, 1995
- Extensive experience with litigation software including Summation.
- Ability to prepare necessary pleadings throughout the litigation proceeding, including notices, motions, stipulations and affidavits.
- Ability to prepare and organize exhibits necessary for evidentiary purposes in depositions, trials and document production.
- Extensive experience obtaining, managing and summarizing medical records and other investigative discovery.
- Experience in assisting with the deposition process by preparing notices, subpoenas and deposition transcript summaries.
- Experience in trial preparation, trial briefing, preparation of trial exhibits, including demonstrative exhibits and post-trial briefing.
- Attendance at trial, managing exhibits and coordinating witnesses.
- Experience in background investigations, location of witnesses and assets through electronic discovery to assist in a more efficient formal discovery.
- Ability to transcribe documents from Spanish/English and English/Spanish.
- Assist attorneys by drafting documents and summarizing volumes of factual information for analysis and strategic planning.
- Assist with preparation of appellate briefs filed with the Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit Court of Appeals and Minnesota Appellate Courts.
- Wisconsin Paralegal Association
- The Road Home, YWCA, Sunday School teacher