Business & Commercial Litigation
Paul Cranley is a shareholder in the Madison office of Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C. He serves as co-leader of the firm's Construction Services Team, and regularly represents clients in the construction, manufacturing, and other industries in dispute resolution and litigation of commercial claims. He has litigated and tried complex commercial, product liability, professional liability, employment and tort matters in state and federal courts in Wisconsin, Illinois, and other jurisdictions. He has spoken and written numerous articles on business litigation topics, and regularly lectures at the University of Wisconsin Law School.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1997
- Dean's Scholar
- DePaul Law Review
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1988
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 2004
- State Bar of Illinois, 1997
- Wisconsin Supreme Court, 2004
- Illinois Supreme Court, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western District of Wisconsin, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2000
- Represented corporations and privately held businesses in general commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract claims, disputes involving employment and noncompetition agreements, directors and officers liability, and shareholder disputes.
- Defended product manufacturers, distributors and retailers in products liability, breach of warranty, and other disputes involving defective products, including actions before the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Represented construction industry clients, product manufacturers and retailers, transportation companies and others in defense of personal injury claims.
- Consulted on insurance matters, including providing coverage opinions and litigating insurance coverage disputes on behalf of policyholders and insurers.
- Won Wisconsin Law Journal’s 2010 “Defense Verdict of the Year” in claim involving extensive property damage and business loss arising out of fire due to allegedly defective product.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Dane County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Board Member, Dane County CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
- Member, Village of Shorewood Hills, Pool Management Committee
- Director, Past President, Notre Dame Alumni Club of South Central Wisconsin