Product Liability Litigation & Risk Avoidance
Paul Cranley is a shareholder in the Madison office of Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C. and co-leader of the firm's Construction Services Team. He regularly represents construction industry clients in construction defect, contract and insurance disputes. His practice also includes defense of products liability, professional liability, commercial and tort litigation matters. He has litigated and tried complex commercial, product liability, professional liability, employment and tort matters in state and federal courts in Wisconsin, Illinois, and other jurisdictions.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1997; Dean's Scholar; DePaul Law Review
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1988
- Wisconsin, 2004
- Illinois, 1997
- Wisconsin Supreme Court, 2004
- Illinois Supreme Court, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Northern Trial Bar District of Illinois, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Defends automobile, consumer electronics, medical device, pharmaceutical, and other product manufacturers, distributors and retailers in products liability actions.
- Defends product manufacturers and others in claims involving catastrophic injury, with particular focus on traumatic brain injury claims.
- Prosecutes and defends breach of express and implied warranty claims arising out of the manufacture and sale of allegedly defective products.
- Counsels product manufacturers and retailers with regard to the investigation, reporting, and resolution of matters before the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Counsels insurers and policyholders on insurance matters, including providing coverage opinions and litigating insurance coverage disputes in claims involving allegedly defective products.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Dane County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Board Member, Dane County CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
- Member, Village of Shorewood Hills, Pool Management Committee
- Director, Past President, Notre Dame Alumni Club of South Central Wisconsin
Articles and Presentations