Toxic Tort Litigation & Consultation
Thomas Gonzalez is a shareholder in the Milwaukee office of Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C.
Mr. Gonzalez has managed MDL litigation for product manufacturers in the asbestos arena - from small tool makers to large industrial and power plant equipment manufacturers. He has also defended manufacturers in state court claims involving complex job sites such as power plants, paper mills, manufacturing facilities and construction sites. His experience ranges across all aspects of asbestos claims from the pre-suit evidence preservation stage through trial and appeals.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1998; Wisconsin Law Review member and editor
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, B.A., magna cum laude, 1995
Awards & Distinctions
- Named a "Rising Star" on the Wisconsin Super Lawyers list (2012)
- Managed MDL asbestos litigation involving hundreds of pending claims.
- Obtained summary judgment for product manufacturers and suppliers.
- Served as part of the WHD trial team that was successful in obtaining defense verdicts and the smallest known damage award in Wisconsin for a mesothelioma case.
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute - Product Liability Committee
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin Hispanic Lawyers Association
Articles and Presentations
- Author, Chapter on Interest on Damages, The law of damages in Wisconsin, 2005.