An employer faced with litigation involving a current or former employee requires experienced, effective counsel to bring the litigation to a successful resolution with as little disruption to its business as possible. For this reason, employers confronting an employment-related lawsuit rely on Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C.'s Employment Litigation Team not only for our depth and experience in a wide range of employment litigation, but because they also find great value in our practical, hands-on approach, which helps them achieve successful results as quickly and efficiently as possible.
WHD’s employment litigation practice experience encompasses the representation of private and public employers in:
- Lawsuits and administrative proceedings at both the state and federal levels involving all applicable employment discrimination statutes, including Title VII, the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.
- Lawsuits involving breach of employment contract, wrongful discharge, and other common law claims.
- Lawsuits involving non-compete and non-disclosure agreements.
- Lawsuits involving claims under the Wisconsin Trade Secrets Act.
- Arbitrations arising out of collective bargaining agreements and unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Due process, First Amendment, and other constitutional litigation on behalf of public employers.
Employment-related litigation is an ever-present challenge in today’s marketplace. Because such lawsuits bring significant costs and distractions, businesses involved in litigation with current or former employees often find it critical to achieve a successful resolution of these lawsuits as quickly and efficiently as possible, whether that is in or outside of court, to avoid undue burdens and negative impacts. That’s why businesses turn to WHD’s Employment Litigation Team. We approach our clients’ cases not only with significant experience in a wide range of such matters, but also with a tireless commitment to a prompt, beneficial resolution of each case.
- Representation of a regional healthcare system in a federal disability discrimination action brought by a former employed physician involving exhaustive discovery and motion practice.
- Representation of a manufacturing company in enforcing a covenant not to compete in a federal bankruptcy proceeding, securing a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction preventing the former employee from assuming a position with a competitor.
- Representation of a manufacturing company in a breach of contract lawsuit brought by a former employee under an employee handbook, including on appeal to the Wisconsin Court of Appeals.
- Representation of a local fire department in a suit brought by a fire lieutenant seeking promotion, including on appeal to the Wisconsin Court of Appeals.
- Representation of a local school district in defending a due process suit brought by a former district administrator, including on appeal to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented a manufacturing company in a disability discrimination proceeding brought before the Wisconsin Equal Rights Division involving novel issues under the Wisconsin Fair Employment Law, including on appeal to the Wisconsin Labor and Industry Review Commission.