Antitrust laws are being enforced with increasing vigor creating great concern for many growing companies. The health care industry is under particularly intense scrutiny by the government. Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C.'s Trade Regulation & Antitrust Team leverages extensive experience and expertise as advisors and litigators defending clients in health care and other industries against antitrust challenges. We also help clients analyze risks and strengthen their businesses with a range of strategies, from exclusive contracts to pricing agreements to merger deals, all while successfully navigating the difficult terrain of antitrust law.
WHD’s Antitrust and Trade Regulation experience encompasses the following principal areas:
- Health care clinical integration
- Non-compete agreements
- Exclusive contracts
- Robinson-Patman Act
- Price fixing
- Distributor networks
- Criminal enforcement
- Analyzed the likelihood of a merger encountering antitrust issues.
- Advised Independent Physician Associations on collective contracts with payors.
- Counseled companies on entering exclusive contracts for the supply and sale of goods.
- Advised clients to ensure compliance with the Robinson-Patman Act, which governs price discrimination.
- Consulted with a number of product manufacturers on the establishment of nationwide sales networks with exclusive distributors or sales representatives.
- Litigated numerous cases involving the enforceability and reach of noncompete agreements.
- Represented clients in cases involving terminations and extensions of distribution contracts.
The Trade Regulation & Antitrust Team is composed of attorneys with the talent and tenacity it takes to produce successful outcomes for our clients. Serving a wide variety of clients in health care and other fields, we complement deep antitrust law expertise with a commitment to serving the unique needs of each client—and helping them grow their businesses without encountering antitrust challenges.