Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C.'s Transportation Litigation & Compliance Team offers a wealth of experience in representing transportation clients at both the state and national levels. We have built a team of professionals whose expertise supports all of the areas that affect transportation businesses, including casualty, cargo and catastrophic personal injury claims, as well as real estate, employment and business transactions.
Our attorneys have:
- Acted as National Coordinating counsel for one of the largest trucking companies in the United States.
- Acted as Wisconsin and regional panel counsel for the State of Wisconsin by numerous trucking companies, third party administrators and insurance companies, specializing in transportation.
- Served as national counsel for two major trucking corporations.
- Served as the Chair of the DRI (Defense Research Institute) Trucking Law Committee.
- Lectured at national conferences and acted as seminar co-chair for a national conference as a member of the Transportation Industry Defense Association (TIDA).
Our attorneys have:
- Represented a major company in various lawsuits which alleged violation of the Interstate Commerce Act, Bill of Lading Act and UCC.
- Represented a major van line and frozen food companies in cargo claim and collection of unpaid tariffs.
- Assisted in the development of emergency response protocols for catastrophic claims.
- Obtained orders vacating summary judgment for a client who had no insurance and faced an $8 million exposure for diverted shipments of aluminum ingots contrary to the terms on bills of lading.
- Represented a truck rental company in various real estate lease disputes including litigation.
- Represented a major LTL carrier in the purchase of property and related zoning and environmental issues associated with the construction of a new trucking terminal in Kenosha, WI.
- Represented clients including financial institutions in asset leasing transactions.
- Represented a major trucking company in general corporate transactions.
- Represented a petroleum transporter in employment litigation and insurance related matters.
- Creation of transportation service entities which were wholly-owned trucking subsidiaries.
By monitoring developments in the law, regulations and court decisions, we are able to provide clients with up-to-date thinking for innovative solutions. Our clients receive the ultimate commitment and service from the firm. This commitment allows us to achieve the ultimate goal—the success of our clients.