No two real estate clients—or transactions—are the same. That’s why Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C.'s Commercial Real Estate Team offers clients more than extensive experience in a wide array of real estate matters. We also provide the practical judgment, technical expertise and innovative thinking it takes to advance each client’s unique interests and get deals done in a timely, cost-effective manner.
WHD’s real estate experience encompasses the following principal areas:
- Purchase and Sale
- Tax Deferred Transactions
- Condominium Development
- Zoning and Land Use
- Eminent Domain
- Brownfield Development
- Environmental Assessment
Today’s real estate market presents as many challenges as it does opportunities. A glut of prospective deal-makers, low interest rates and an uncertain economy have combined to drive up prices and create fierce competition for deals. In this climate, technical expertise in real estate law remains important, but industry connections, innovative thinking, responsive service and street smarts are indispensable.
WHD’s Commercial Real Estate Team is comprised of high-caliber attorneys with the talent and tenacity it takes to produce successful outcomes for clients in today’s real estate marketplace. We complement deep real estate law expertise with a commitment to serving the unique needs of each client. Our attorneys are intimately involved in the real estate community. By maintaining close ties with the movers and shakers in Wisconsin real estate, we do more than just help clients close deals, we help clients uncover new opportunities.
Extensive experience is the foundation of our Commercial Real Estate Team. We represent developers, purchasers, sellers, tenants, landlords, municipalities, contractors and lenders across the spectrum of real estate matters.
Our technical expertise and ability extend to the most sophisticated transactions. We believe that our knowledge, experience and breadth of capabilities have been instrumental in ensuring appropriate and cost-effective outcomes for diverse clients with diverse needs. Our attorneys have:
- Assisted the largest regional grocery retailer with the purchase, sale, sale-lease back, leasing and development of multi-store locations, including multi-store acquisitions, expansion in the marketplace, re-development of existing stores, and negotiations with national developers and retailers of leases and shopping center operating agreements.
- Assisted a local developer in land assemblage, development and lease negotiations of multiple national retail pharmacy locations.
- Assisted several local developers in the acquisition, development, leasing and sale of retail shopping centers, including extensive work negotiating leases and shopping center operating agreements with big box, mid box, and small national retailers.
- Assisted a local developer in the development of a 99-unit, high rise, lake front condominium project, including negotiating the land acquisition and financing, forming the condominium association/declaration, and coordinating closings and assisting in the sales of units.
- Assisted a national financial institution in the development and leasing of a suburban office park.
- Represented a property holding company in the dispute of Lake Michigan shoreland for development of a 100-unit condominium complex.
- Assisted a national steel company in the negotiation of leases and site acquisitions for its nationwide facilities, including successful resolution of environmental and municipal challenges.
- Assisted a local banking institution in a reverse and deferred Section 1031 like-kind exchange as part of the land acquisition and development of its new main office.
- Assisted in tax-exempt industrial revenue bond financing for private enterprises and tax-exempt financing for health care institutions.
- Represented developers of a 1,500-acre master planned community in the implementation of a state-of-the-art broadband communication system to serve the community.
Because real estate matters often involve many facets, WHD’s Commercial Real Estate Team works closely with the firm’s construction, environmental, municipal, telecommunications, finance, corporate, tax, bankruptcy, business reorganization and litigation attorneys.
We take great pride in the contributions of our support and technical staff through their skilled use of our state-of-the-art word processing, document management and time and billing systems. These efforts allow us to manage our work efficiently and complete our projects in a timely, professional manner.