Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C.'s Intellectual Property (IP) Team is committed to being a member of your team—and focused on making you, your innovations and your company successful.
We offer the extensive knowledge and experience necessary to provide clients with a full range of services. We represent large and small, national and international clients in all areas of intellectual property law, and pride ourselves on meeting the diverse and ever-expanding needs of these clients.
Our attorneys have substantial experience representing clients in connection with procuring, maintaining and enforcing intellectual property rights. Our technical experience extends to chemical products and processes, mechanical and electrical devices and methods, biotechnology, biometrics, software, computers and integrated circuits, and business methods.
The IP Practice Group utilizes its technical training and knowledge of patent law to assist clients both domestically and internationally in:
Negotiation of patent-related transactions and drafting of licensing, consulting, and confidentiality agreements;
Preparation and prosecution of utility and design patent applications - advising clients on the steps necessary to properly maintain their rights;
Prosecution and oppositions before international patent offices;
- Interference, reissue and re-examination proceedings;
- Preparation of patentability, infringement, right-to-use and validity opinions;
- Patent infringement litigation and proceedings; (IP Litigation)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO); and
- Patent portfolio development.
Trademark & Copyright Law
Our attorneys are knowledgeable and experienced in trademark and copyright law and assist clients both domestically and internationally in:
- Preparation and prosecution of trademark, service mark and copyright applications;
- Preparation of availability, registrability, infringement and non-infringement opinions;
- Negotiation of trademark and copyright-related transactions, such as licensing and confidentiality agreements;
- Trademark and copyright monitoring and enforcement; Trademark and copyright infringement litigation and proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. (IP Litigation)
Trade Secrets Law
Our attorneys provide counseling to clients in connection with trade secrets, trade secret disputes and non-compete agreements.
Information Technology & Computer Law
Our attorneys are knowledgeable and experienced in information technology and computer law, and are able to assist the client by:
- Advising in the creation and maintenance of websites;
- Protecting and licensing copyrighted content on the Internet;
- Counseling on issues such as privacy, defamation, electronic commerce, legislation, security, and encryption; and
- Assisting in tracking trademark and copyright infringers.
As a fully committed team member, WHD helps clients avoid, anticipate and solve problems. Through proper use of product and process clearances and cost-benefit analyses, our attorneys help clients avoid unwanted disputes and expenses.
We approach matters from a practical perspective with the goal of achieving our client’s business objectives. We attempt to resolve disputes short of litigation whenever possible and appropriate. However, if litigation becomes necessary, we possess the expertise and the resources needed to vigorously press, or defend against, cases in state and federal trial and appellate courts, including the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. We also have experience in courts and patent and trademark offices throughout the world through our network of Foreign Associates.
In addition, our attorneys have appeared before the PTO in interference, reissue and re-examination proceedings and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) in opposition, cancellation and concurrent use proceedings.
Our IP lawyers also work closely with WHD’s tax, venture capital, and corporate lawyers on mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, and venture capital investments to identify intellectual property rights and technology aspects, and help our clients with the transfer and protection of those assets.